The 30 Days of Being Thankful in November meme is blowing up my Facebook feed these days, so I figured I might as well join in. Especially because I’ve been wallowing in some self-pity lately (Why do I have a hard, high-needs baby AGAIN? Why can’t I put this baby down for more than two seconds? You get the picture.)
But I missed the beginning of the month, so here’s the whole shebang all at once.
I’m thankful for:
1. My beautiful, amazing children. Nothing brings out the humblebrag in me like my offspring. I can’t help it: they are truly amazing. Lovely, loving, adorable, funny, interesting, smart, creative, special.
2. My husband. Supportive, my best friend, my partner in parenting, an amazing father. We laugh together and share our lives and the joy of our children together. A+
3. From the deep to the superficial. I’m grateful I didn’t get stretch marks with my two pregnancies. Even my monster nine-pounder.
One month post baby
4. My two sublime natural births…no complications, no interventions, healthy easy pregnancies and the experience of positive births.
5. The town I live in. I can walk everywhere. I see neighbors I know. There is so much to do. It’s an amazing place to raise a family.
6. My little cozy house.
7. That I get to be a mom to a boy AND a girl.
8. That I can call my family in an emergency and they will be there.
9. That I’ve traveled to a lot of places before I had kids (even though I want to do a lot more traveling in the future).
10. For all the freelance writing gigs I’ve gotten. It’s amazing to be able to make money writing.
11. For being smart, capable and adaptive. It’s helpful in so many parts of life and I don’t take it for granted. Sounds conceited, yet it’s true and I know my many other shortcomings, don’t worry.
12. That my children are healthy.
13. That I’m healthy.
14. That my daughter sleeps all night long. It only took her 15 months of life to get there, so I’ll never, ever take that for granted.
15. That it’s warm enough for a walk today. And most days.
16. That I’ve found hobbies and interests that I love (like fitness).
17. That my daughter likes going to the gym day care and doesn’t cry. Let’s hope Henry will be the same way.
18. I can eat whatever I want and stay relatively slim, as long as I’m active.
19. For nature, and the beauty of each season.
20. For people who make sacrifices for others, like volunteers, military, emergency workers, firefighters…
21. That I live ten minutes from the ocean. Even if I don’t go that often, I know it’s there if I need it.
22. I have no school debt.
23. My husband got a month paid paternity leave (yay, benefits!)
24. I have enough food every day and a warm roof over my head.
25. For friends who make me laugh, commiserate over mom things, and offer support.
26. That when my dog got hit by a car and was lost for six hours, we found him again and he survived.
28. For the Get Off My Internets website and forum. Nothing makes a 1 am feeding fly by like laughing hysterically over your iPhone in the dark.
29. That no matter how stressful daily life gets, my husband and I can laugh until we cry over something completely random, or stupid.
30. That I’m alive.